2019 Convention Report
Our 10 th Annual Debt Collection Convention was held at Emperors Palace on the 12 th of September 2019 and had a spectacular 465 person turn out.
It was our tenth anniversary (convention-wise) and it’s only fitting that it was our biggest yet. We pride ourselves on hosting the biggest convention of its kind in Africa and we plan on growing even more each year.
A big thank you to our main sponsors: RealPay, VocallNet and Allps-i.
This year we had top speakers such as Zipho Sikhakhane, Daniel Silke, Frans Haupt, Stephan van der Merwe and, of course, Peter Rafferty.
Frans Haupt, now retired, but formerly the director of the University of Pretoria Law Clinic was our first presenter.
Under his leadership the clinic received a number of institutional, national and international awards for education innovation and community engagement. He is the go to person if you need a “Law Update” and once again Frans did not disappoint with his comprehensive and user-friendly slideshow. With his informal style he provided the latest and upcoming changes in our industry, with many delegates wanting his presentation on file.
Zipho had an eye-opening and inspiring presentation on the role of millennials in the future of work. She explained how millennials make up most of the work force these days since everyone born from 1977-1996 are part of the millennial generation. Millennials have different approaches to work and problem solving than previous generations and it’s important that we understand how to communicate with different generations in order to accomplish more. As a millennial that has experience working with both Baby Boomers and Gen X, she has special insight on how to approach matters.
Daniel Silke offered an exceptional presentation on global current political and economic trends affecting the world, Africa and South Africa – all packaged into an engaging, and highly insightful keynote. His presentation was titled a ‘Testing Time for Africa’.
Stephan van der Merwe, senior attorney at the University’s Law Clinic, spoke about the abuse of emolument attachment orders in the industry, and the behind the scenes progress being made. Peter Rafferty discussed the need for complete control of your business and all its surroundings, especially on Debt Forgiveness, DebiCheck and latest regulations.
Our panel discussion related to consumer protection, data encryption, data washing and reporting. The panelists were:
- Mr. Thinus Nortje, CEO of VeriCred Credit Bureau, he has over 20 years’ experience in the Credit and Debt Recovery Industry.
- Ms. Alison Magrath, the new Executive Manager for the Credit Bureau Association. She has a wealth of applicable experience, both in the legal field and in the credit information sphere. She works close with the National Credit Regulator (NCR) in the role of the credit bureau compliance manager.
- Matome Bopane, the Information Risk officer at Vodacom, who has a vast knowledge on security governance and information risk management.
The day ended with drinks and huge opportunities for networking. Overall, it was a great success and we plan to grow and inspire a little more each year.
10th Annual Africa
Debt Collection Convention
We are proud to announce the details of the 2019 Debt Collection Convention.
The countdown has begun.
2019 Convention program
Why join our annual Convention....
* The biggest convention of its kind in Africa
* Latest development in the debt collection industry
* Strategic advice from Keynote Speakers
* Meet prominent officials of SA Banks and Corporates
* Get to grips with the Must-have tech in our industry
* Network with industry leaders
Want to join the Convention?
Reserve your seats today!
DATE: 12/09/2019 @ 08h00 – 16h15